Friday, February 7, 2014

XOXO Gossip Girl

After two grueling semesters and 121 episodes later, I have finally finished all 6 seasons of Gossip Girl.

I know it shouldn't be such a crushing blow to my life story, but come on; this was the start of Leighton Meester and the continued debut of Blake Lively. (After seeing her in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, we all wanted to be Bridget, the remake of everyone’s favorite Spice Girl, Sporty Spice.)


With a killer cast of deep voices, Baywatch worthy hair, fashion icons, who wouldn't love to fall in love with the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s Elite?!?!?! Gossip Girl was the start of a revolution, a dedicated fan base of screaming pre-teens who all wished their lives were a bit more glamorous…or scandalous!


So with life brought from the pages of book to the CW, to Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf, the minions were born! Names were shorten to one letter, plaid was back in style, and yogurt was the go breakfast for every want to be Queen.

I will admit, I was a dedicated fan from the beginning, watching all the episodes in real time! (Oh life before Netflix…) I was addicted!!!! I lived for the scandal...

I remember every Monday of my freshman year…sitting on my dorm room floor with my roommates, huddled on some bean bags in front of a 13” TV! Then eventually those Monday’s disappeared and life took over. Gossip Girl was put on the back burner and became one more item on my “must see” Netflix list.

So last semester, after a long waited absence in my life, I started Gossip Girl. Now, I rarely believe in moderation when it comes to Netflix, but for this series I decided to take my time and really enjoy reliving my past pre-teen guilty pleasures.

There is a saying somewhere, “I want a love like Johnny and June.” But when I think true love, I think Chuck and Blair! There is no love that has fought harder, been through more, or seen what their love has. It is an epic love, lives lost, blood shed…epic. So there’s that!


Then there is the never ending debate of who Serena will choose. I have always been a fan of Lonely Boy, but who can resist that Hollister look of Nate’s?

The final greatest part of this heart wrenching show is the fact that my idol, Kristen Bell, is the voice of Gossip Girl! As the world's greatest TV heroin, Veronica Mars, it only seems appropriate to make her the voice behind the boy! And her guest appearance in the final episode was the icing on the cake for my obsession with the lives of the elite. 


So if you have never had the privilege of watching this show in its entirety, I encourage you to do so! Get on Netflix right now!!! Indulge in the show that has tugged at the heartstrings of so many adoring pre-teens who lived to be Queen B!


XOXO Chacheana

No comments:

Post a Comment