Saturday, February 1, 2014

#LoveMyAgLife

If you had asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up....

At age 10 (6th grade): Veterinarian. Because I love puppies and kittens and all thing fluffy.
Age 15 (Junior in high school):  I'm not really sure, Lawyer maybe.
Age 20 (Senior in college): Now you would get a response somewhere equal to this...


It's crazy how over the years your high hopes and dreams deplete down to dismal hopes of merely graduating without getting fat. Everyone says that college is the best four to forty years of your life, depending on how long it takes you to get that History degree. I would have to agree, because after college you're pretty much screwed. You spend your four years in college eating Ramen noddles, binging on cheap booze, going to parties, paying way to much money for books, and avoiding homework all while realizing that only about 12% of your college career is actually spent on the degree part!


So after four years of college I would have to say I am not a single step closer to deciding what I'm doing with my life. But I would like to pretend I have narrowed it down a bit.


When I was in high school, I would have never imagined my college career would end with me cleaning stalls and tagging cows. I would have never guessed that my senior pictures would turn out like this. Or that I would spend all of my off time taking pictures of these guys!

And when I take a second and realize this is my life, I realize, I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I never grew up on a farm or even saw myself working one, but now I get to help run this joint. I get to be there for all the big moments and learn all the amazing things. There are very few people who get to say they love their jobs and I get to do it while I'm in college. Isn't this the point in our lives where we work as underpaid waitresses and get treated like slaves in retail? Apparently not! I'm living it up in hillbillyvile, there's just one catch...16 bales (120 pounds each) every morning.

After four years with the horses and almost three semesters with the sheep and cows, I'm happy to say that I couldn't ask for a better job or a better way to spend my spare time. The opportunities that I have gotten, the people I've met, and the animals I've snuggled have been endless. 

So to those of you who don't absolutely love your jobs or feel some hesitation about sitting behind a desk everyday, I implore you to go out and explore the world and find a job you love!!!! Because life is too short to waste time making a living at something you don't really enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment