Thursday, November 14, 2013

Oh Darling, Let's be Adventurers!

Did you know that growing up means that you have to make real life choices? You have to say yes. For once in my life, I don't know isn't an acceptable answer. 


I know that recently I've been posting a lot about my life crisis, but I think it's finally hitting me. I can't just stick my head in the sand and pretend that the world around me isn't happening. I've been watching Jen fill out job applications and go for interviews, listening to Keegan talk about his plans for attaining his MBA, and even Dillon has some idea what he wants to do.

So I started looking at requirements for grad school. I'm thinking Agriculture Communications at K-state, OSU, or Tennessee. What do we think? 


What I really want to do is pack a bag, grab my passport, and move to Europe. Do I speak a foreign language? Nope. Have any skills that I could apply there? Probably not. But, do I want to see the world? Of course.


I've been preaching lately about living life to the fullest and my version of that is seeing the world. No applying for graduate schools and spending another two years in a classroom. But without a masters I can kiss any chance at a good job, good-bye. Would it be completely unacceptable if I just packed up my life and moved away?

If I was being truthful to you ever so dedicated readers and of course, myself, I would tell you that I'm praying for an amazing internship in Oklahoma, then I plan to spent a winter at Sombrero and save up all of my money, then once I've saved enough for a plane ticket, I'd leave. Dangerous, I know. Stupid, I'm even more aware. Unrealistic, completely. 

Will it happen?  
yes.

2 comments:

  1. You should totally do it! You are only young once and you can still do school when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've been thinking! Dispite my better judgement, aka my mother, I think I will!

      Delete